- The J100 Hartell Low Voltage Secondary Drain Pan Safety Switch is a water level sensing device that is designed to shut down the air conditioning or refrigeration unit in the event a high water condition occurs in the pan or reservoir.
- I see these switches used in furnaces and air conditioners that have secondary drain pans.
- The secondary drain pan is used to keep your home for being water damaged if the drain on your air conditioner stops up.
- I see a lot of these switches used on air conditioners that are located in attics to prevent water damage if the condensate drain becomes clogged.
- The secondary drain pain catches the excess water to prevent damage to your home. The switch sold below would be mounted in and used to cut the air conditioner off in case the secondary drain pan fills up with too much water.
- The J100 Hartell Low Voltage Secondary Drain Pan Safety Switch has a float that senses the water level. If the water gets too high it cuts the air conditioner off so you will know you have a problem.
- The Hartell J100 comes sealed in a factory Hartell parts bag with 72″ line leads, mounting screw and bushing.