- We sell brand new FUS01312 117 Service First Fusible Link.
- The fusible links are used as a safety device to break the electric circuit in an electric furnace if the furnace over heats.
- The FUS01312 is set to break the circuit when an electric furnace reaches a temperature of 117 degrees Celsius or 242 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Many times when I was doing service work on electric furnaces I would find that these were burnt out (open circuit) causing the electric heating elements to not function.
- If these are burnt out on your electric furnace please make sure you check the air flow (dirty filter, dirty or slow blower) or sequencers to make sure the power to the heaters are shutting off.
- If the electric heaters are staying on with the blower off it will cause the fusible links to blow (open circuit) to prevent a fire.
- The fusible links are only about 1 1/4″ in length 1″ in depth not counting the terminal connectors.
- The fusible link is held in place by one screw.