- The Safe-T-Switch® Model SS2 detects down stream clogs in condensate drains and interrupts the thermostat circuit to shut off the unit before flooding occurs. Works with optional Safe-T-Gard® Model SG1 condensate overflow alarm.
- The SS2 Air Conditioner Condensate Line Safety Switch is designed for installation on auxiliary drain pan outlets – usually on primary condensate drain pans. PVC SLIP L body accepts a ¾-inch PVC pipe or stub adaptor.
- Compact footprint fits well in tight spaces.
- Approved for use as a substitute for auxilliary condensate drains in jurisdictions where the International Mechanical Code applies
- Installation options include auxilliary (safety) pan outlet installation, installation on alternate primary drain outlets and inline installation in primary condensate drains utilizing a 3/4-inch SLIP Tee.
- Design incorporates sealed, waterproof reed/magnet float switch technology with potted electrical contacts for reliable performance in wet environments.
- Float resets automatically and after the drain is cleared.
- Included 6-Foot lead wires are prewired and sealed requiring one electrical connection during installation – usually within the air handler electrical cabinet.
- Safe-T-Switch® is UL® Listed to comply with UL 508 and most applicable building codes. Safe-T-Switch® has been tested for 6000 cycles at 1.25 amps and listed for use in a 24-volt circuits by Underwriters Laboratories®.
- SPECIFICATIONS: 24 Volts A/C, 1.25 Amp GP Switching Current (Tested and Listed by UL® at 6000 Cycles – Inductive Load). Reed Component Device is Separately UL® Recognized at 2.5 Amps Max. Carry Current.
- Schedule 40 PVC Slip Fittings Accept 3/4-inch Stub or Drain Line.