- The SEN01159 Trane Heat Pump Ambient Temperature Sensor is a brand new genuine Trane, American Standard heat pump defrost ambient temperature sensor that comes in a sealed Factory Specified Parts bag.
- The SEN01159 replaces part number: SEN01066.
- This heat pump ambient temperature sensor plugs into the defrost control board and senses the outdoor air temperature to determine if the heat pump needs to be defrosted.
- If your heat pump looks like a block of ice in the winter time then you might need a new defrost control board or ambient temperature sensor. I believe it is a good idea to replace both the defrost control board, the defrost thermostat and the ambient temperature sensor.
- Other problems that can cause heat pump freeze ups are: (1) if the system is low on refrigerant charge or (2) if you have a bad defrost thermostat (3) If your contactor is stuck closed on the outdoor unit. (4) Poor air flow on the outdoor unit by having a dirty coil or a dragging fan motor. You might need a new capacitor on your fan motor.