- If your heat pump looks like a block of ice in the winter time then you might need a new defrost control board.
- Other problems that can cause heat pump freeze ups are:
- (1) If the system is low on refrigerant charge or
- (2) If you have a bad defrost thermostat.
- (3) If your contactor is stuck closed on the outdoor unit.
- (4) Poor air flow on the outdoor unit by having a dirty coil or a dragging fan motor.
- (5) You might have a stuck reversing valve.
- The CNT05001 American Standard Trane Defrost Control Board is a brand new Trane American Standard OEM part that comes in a Trane Service First Factory box.
- This defrost control board is used on many American Standard & Trane heat pumps.
- This control board does not come with installation instructions.