- The 626423 Nordyne Furnace Limit Switch replaces 153623, 626367 and 626423 limits.
- This switch has 626423 on the front plate of the limit. The factory box shows a 626423R part number.
- Specifications on the limit switch show:
- 3″ long.
- Number 36T01B3 is on the label.
- Frontplate with 2 terminals measures 2-3/4″ x 1-7/8″.
- The 626423 Nordyne Furnace Limit Switch is set to break the circuit if the furnace heat exchanger reaches 170 degrees F.
- FYI: A furnace limit is a safety device that is used to cut the gas burners off if the furnace over-heats. If your furnace is going off on limit you might have an air flow problem like a dirty filter, dirty blower, slow blower motor (might need a new capacitor) stopped up evaportator coil or too much gas pressure. All of these can cause the furnace to over-heat and go off on limit. Many times when the furnace goes off on limit the fan blower will continuously blow because the furnace control board senses that the furnace has over-heated and needs to cool down. The only way to get the blower to cut off is to turn off the furnace with the power switch. You can test a limit with a volt meter to see if it is open or not. On most limits you should get 24 volts from each of the two wires on the limit to a good ground.