- The 47-25349-01 Rheem Ruud Furnace Limit Switch is brand new and comes in a Protech, Rheem Genuine factory authorized parts box.
- Below we have a list furnace model numbers where this limit is used.
- A furnace limit is a safety device that is used to cut the gas burners off if the furnace over-heats.
- If your furnace is going off on limit you might have an air flow problem like a dirty filter, dirty blower, slow blower motor (might need a new capacitor) stopped up evaportator coil or too much gas pressure. All of these can cause the furnace to over-heat and go off on limit.
- Many times when the furnace goes off on limit the fan blower will continuously blow because the furnace control board senses that the furnace has over-heated and needs to cool down.The only way to get the blower to cut off is to turn off the furnace with the power switch.
- You can test a limit with a volt meter to see if it is open or not. On most limits you should get 24 volts from each of the two wires on the limit to a good ground.
Models where the 47-25349-01 Limit is Used and the part numbers that this limit replaces: