- The 47-22861-01 Rheem Ruud Furnace Limit Switch is brand new and comes in a Genuine sealed Protech factory parts bag.
- The 47-22861-01 Rheem Ruud Furnace Limit Switch is set to open and break the circuit at 350 degrees F.
- The 47-22861-01 is a manual reset furnace limit switch which means you would need to reset the limit by pushing down on the red botton on top if the limit switch trips.
- Below we have a list of furnace models where this rollout limit switch is used.
- FYI: A furnace limit is a safety device that is used to cut the gas burners off if the furnace over-heats. If your furnace is going off on limit you might have a stopped up vent pipe, a stopped up heat exchanger or a leaking heat exchanger. If you have to reset your limit, rollout switch by pressing the button down on top, I would recommend that you have the furnace checked out by a professional to make sure the furnace is safe. A stopped up vent pipe or leaking heat exchanger can produce carbon monoxide and hurt/harm you or your family. Many times when the furnace goes off on limit the fan blower will continuously blow because the furnace control board senses that the furnace has over-heated and needs to cool down. The only way to get the blower to cut off is to turn off the furnace with the power switch. You can test a limit with a volt meter to see if it is open or not. On most limits you should get 24 volts from each of the two wires on the limit to a good ground.